Simple Guide To Becoming A Budtender In Colorado
Are you looking to become a Budtender in Colorado or work any other job in the Colorado cannabis industry? It’s not as easy as showing up to a cannabis company and applying. You will need to be a licenced cannabis worker by the state of Colorado. This guide will help guide you through the process of obtaining your MED Badge to become a licenced Budtender in Colorado.
Different types of MED Badges:
Besides the “RED BADGE”, which means ownership of a licensed cannabis company, there once was two different types of MED badges. Support and Key Badges. However, now you will find there is only one option.
DOWNLOAD YOUR APPLICATION HERE
Mandatory Requirements To Apply For MED Badge
- You MUST be a Colorado Resident at the time of application and be able to prove residency. You MUST provide a Colorado Driver’s license or ID.
- Have you discharged a sentence for a conviction of a felony pursuant to any state or federal
law regarding the possession, distribution, manufacturing, cultivation, or use of a controlled
substance, including probation or parole, within the past 10 years, even if the conviction
occurred more than 10 years ago? If so, you are not legally allowed to work in the Colorado cannabis industry.
- Have you discharged a sentence, including probation or parole, within the past 5 years upon
conviction for ANY felony, even if the conviction occurred more than 5 years ago? If so, you are not legally allowed to work in the Colorado cannabis industry.
- Failed to remedy an outstanding delinquency for any judgments, taxes, interest
or penalties due to the Department of Revenue, relating to a Medical or Retail Marijuana
- You must be 21 years or older to apply for MED Badge.
How To Apply For Your MED Badge
- Print and fill out the application form located in this article or HERE.
- Make an appointment to get your fingerprints made by a third party service.
Fingerprints: You must have your fingerprints taken prior to submitting your application. During this time, the MED will not be offering in-office fingerprint services. Applicants may have fingerprints taken using a third-party vendor. When submitting your application, please include a copy of your receipt showing you completed your fingerprints by visiting one of the following providers.
- IndentoGo (Service Code: 25YGBJ)
- Colorado Fingerprinting (CBI Unique ID: 9500MAJI)
- You may either Mail or Email your application to one of the following MED offices.
1707 Cole Blvd., Suite 300
Lakewood, CO 80401
Colorado Springs/Southern Regional Office
PO Box 15128
Colorado Springs, CO 80935
Grand Junction/Western Slope Regional Office
632 Market Street, Suite G3
Grand Junction, CO 81505
Longmont/Northern Regional Office
275 South Main Street, Suite 101
Longmont, CO 80501
Applying To Dispensaries In Colorado
When applying to dispensaries in Colorado make sure you bring the following:
- Filled in Application (If available)
- Cover Letter
- Photo copy of your MED Badge
- A smile.
Be aware that dispensaries get a large amount of applications. Make your resume stick out from the rest. Be unique!
If you have your MED Badge and interested in working with Colorado Harvest Company, you can apply here.